[Ltib] Library path issue [Newbie]

From: Thierry Pierret
Subject: [Ltib] Library path issue [Newbie]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:12:11 +0100

Hi,

I'm using LTIB 8.1.2 on my i686 laptop under Ubuntu 8.10 (GNU/Linux 2-6.27-8-genberic) to create an image for several platforms (ARM & PPC).

In the target image, I'm including some additional packages, coming from the Net as well as personal application packages. From the beginning (I'm using LTIB for 2 monthes now), I often get trouble with library path (mismatch between host library and target library). I always found a solution by hacking some makefiles, but it is certainly not the right solution.
The most common trouble happens with "libtool". It substitutes the "-lXXX" option with the host "/usr/lib/libXXX" library instead of using the library in the target environment. This certainly comes from a wrong setting in my configuration, but I could not find info about this issue.
May I ask some explainations  or documentation references ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Thierry Pierret