[Ltib] Re: where does one get spec files for newer GPP packages?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: [Ltib] Re: where does one get spec files for newer GPP packages?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 06:22:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   while the GPP contains source and patch files for busybox-1.11.2,
> where would one get the corresponding spec file?  or are we supposed
> to whip that up ourselves?
>
> rday

  ok, i think i'm about to answer my own question here.  as i read it,
packages and patches for LTIB are available at
http://bitshrine.org/gpp, while spec files can be obtained from the
LTIB CVS repository.  so having checked out the CVS, i can see the
busybox spec files:

./dist/lfs-5.1/busybox/busybox-1.00.spec
./dist/lfs-5.1/busybox/busybox.spec
./dist/lfs-5.1/busybox/busybox-1.1.3.spec
./dist/lfs-5.1/busybox/busybox-1.6.1.spec

  and if i look at that unversioned spec file, it turns out to be for
busybox-1.11.2.  so a couple questions:

1) is there a reason that that 1.11.2 BB spec file doesn't have a
version number in its filename?  not a big deal, i'm just curious as
its contents clearly show that it's for that version.

2) should there be a close correspondence between the packages and
patches in the GPP, and the spec files in the LTIB repo?  i ask since
the GPP contains the tarball and a patch file for BB-1.01, but there
is no spec file for that BB version in the LTIB repo.  not a big deal
since it's so old that no one should be using it anyway, but it
strikes me that, if there's no spec file for a specific version of a
package, that package probably has no need to be in the GPP.  or is
there something else going on that i'm missing?  thanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.