RE: [Ltib] Add a new platform to LTIB

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Add a new platform to LTIB
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:57:11 +0000

Hi Colin,

Glad you found the problem with config ARMEABI_ARCH.

Yes you can have a vanilla kernel.  To do this, create a spec file in
dist/lfs-5.1/kernel that only has a source tarball and no patches.  For
example, you could do this:

$ cp dist/lfs-5.1/kernel/kernel-2.6.20.spec.in
dist/lfs-5.1/kernel/kernel-2.6.27.spec.in

and then edit it and change the version 2.6.27.  You'd then need to make
sure you have that tarball in /opt/ltib/pkgs.

When you've done that in your config/platform/_target_/main.lkc in the
kernel section, add your kernel to the choice list:

+    config KERNEL2
+        bool "Linux 2.6.27"
+        help
+           vanilla kernel.org 2.6.27

and then add it to the PKG_KERNEL section, this is what ties the package
to the spec file (which is different to the normal pkg_map entry).  So
for example:

config PKG_KERNEL
    string
    default "kernel-2.6.22-mx" if KERNEL1
+    default "kernel-2.6.27" if KERNEL2
    default "kernel26-dir-build" if KERNEL_DIR_BUILD

Regards, Stuart