Re: [Ltib] building lzo, and why "dos2unix" is your friend

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] building lzo, and why "dos2unix" is your friend
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:19:45 +0000

Hi Robert,

I've many times been caught out by dos line end mangling.  Whether
macros getting messed up in gcc, or the kind of thing you ran into.  The
moral of the story is to avoid mixing the 2 environments if at all
possible.  Worst of all, when it happens it's often silent and
inexplicable (until explained).

BTW: I didn't understand why you needed to do anything for LZO/MTD
utils, it should just build for you when you select mtd-utils from the
config system.  I guess you may be using an older version?

PS: Although I'm back at work, I'm working through a backlog.  I've seen
your other emails but may take a little while to get to them.

Regards, Stuart