[Ltib] GCC and Python libraries

From: Thierry Pierret
Subject: [Ltib] GCC and Python libraries
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:13:27 +0100

Hi,

I'm using LTIB 8.1.2 on my i686 laptop under Ubuntu 8.10 (GNU/Linux
2-6.27-8-genberic) to create an image for armv6l iMX31 3-Stack platform.
This image is based on the 2.6.24 Linux kernel.

I wish to install Python libraries on the target (dbus-python). But
cross-compiling Python stuff looks not easy. Therefore I would like to
compile it on the target itself. In LTIB, under the "Toolchain component
options", I included all the gear I need, but in the "Package List", I do
not find the gcc package anymore. It was present in LTIB 7.1.4

1. Does anyone have a better idea than the on the target compilation for
the Python libraries ?
2. What should I do to get gcc on my target ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.