Re: [Ltib] GCC and Python libraries

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] GCC and Python libraries
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:30:42 +0000

Hi Thierry,

Building natively on the target is not the way to go.  The problem is
that even if you have gcc, you also potentially need a slew of other
packages.  Not only that, the host side configuration knows nothing
about anything you build natively.

I do understand there can be issues cross compiling.  However there are
some examples under dist/lfs-5.1/... : pexpect.spec, pyserial.spec
For simple python modules it's certainly possible. If the ones you want
are more complex, you'll need to jump through more hoops in the spec
file.

So far as gcc goes.  It probably should have been excluded from 7.1.4
for i.mx31.  In later versions of LTIB there are constraints on the
building of gcc for the target.

Regards, Stuart