RE: [Ltib] host side yaffs2 support in ltib

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: RE: [Ltib] host side yaffs2 support in ltib
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:43:00 +0000

Hi Jim,

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 10:09 -0500, Newell, James C. wrote:

> [...]

So did you mean you wanted the yaffs-utils package installed? In which
case you can use this command line to try it out and then later add a
suitable entry into config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig

> >To make this permanent, the host support config file
> >config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig would need to be updated.
> >

> I don't see how to make the hostcf permanent in this ltib.preconfig
> file.  This file appears to govern the default image choice.

This file governs the host support packages that get turned on when you
first build an LTIB project.

So for this to take effect, you need to remove the project's copy
of  .host_wait_warning* after updating ltib.preconfig then next time you
run ltib it will re-do the host support package run and update anything
new.

> >This will show up in: /opt/ltib/usr/bin/mkyaffs
> >(or /opt/freesscale/ltib/...)
> >
> >If you can explain the command line needed to build the image you want,
> >I can help formulate a patch to go into Ltibutils.pm.  This would be
> >controlled by an entry in config/userspace/deployment.lkc
>
> I'd like to take a shot at it first and post it if that's ok?
> Regards,
> Jim

Sure.

Regards, Stuart