RE: [Ltib] host side yaffs2 support in ltib

From: Newell, James C.
Subject: RE: [Ltib] host side yaffs2 support in ltib
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:41:34 -0500

Got it.

>So for this to take effect, you need to remove the project's copy
>of  .host_wait_warning* after updating ltib.preconfig then next time
you
>run ltib it will re-do the host support package run and update anything
>new.
>
>> >This will show up in: /opt/ltib/usr/bin/mkyaffs
>> >(or /opt/freesscale/ltib/...)
>> >
>> >If you can explain the command line needed to build the image you
>want,
>> >I can help formulate a patch to go into Ltibutils.pm.  This would be
>> >controlled by an entry in config/userspace/deployment.lkc
>>
>> I'd like to take a shot at it first and post it if that's ok?
>> Regards,
>> Jim

So, the mkyaffsimage does not have a -D or like option to build the
device table in the image.  Any ideas on how to handle this in ltib?
Maybe use fakeroot?

address@hidden files]$ /opt/ltib/usr/bin/mkyaffsimage
mkyaffsimage: image building tool for YAFFS built Feb  3 2009
usage: mkyaffsimage dir image_file [convert]
           dir        the directory tree to be converted
           image_file the output file to hold the image
           'convert'  produce a big-endian image from a little-endian
machine