[Ltib] kernel config request ignored

From: Michael Jones
Subject: [Ltib] kernel config request ignored
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 12:21:16 +0100

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as one I found in the archives
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ltib/2008-11/msg00083.html): even if
I choose 'Configure the kernel' in LTIB, it exits and continues building
w/o entering the kernel config screen.

I have created a new platform, imx31ev, with imx31ads as a template. I
am using the LTIB from the ADS BSP (imx31_ads_20080722-rel6-ltib). This had been working, but I can't put my finger on what change I had made to cause this, so now I'm trying to track that down.

I am building the kernel from a "local Linux directory build" with an
external build dir. Apparently the original poster's problem involved a
missing file, and this doesn't seem to be the case with me (I don't see
a warning to this effect like he did).  Below is the output immediately
after leaving LTIB config.

I see that 'make menuconfig' is in "kernel-common.tmpl", but it looks to
me like the %build section here is not called (I put an 'echo' at the
top of it).  'Executing(%build)' runs a  script in tmp/ like
'rpm-tmp.49764', but I don't understand where this script comes from or
how to keep it from being deleted so I can inspect it. And I'm not sure
this is looking in the right direction anyway.

Suggestions?

thanks,
Michael

*** End of configuration.
*** Check the top-level Makefile for additional configuration options.

+ cp .config defconfig.dev

Processing platform: EagleVision
using config/platform/imx31ev/.config
PKG_KERNEL_WANT_CF has changed, kernel26-dir-build needs a rebuild

Processing: fake-provides

Processing: kernel26-dir-build

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner, Hans-Joachim
Reich