Re: [Ltib] kernel config request ignored

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] kernel config request ignored
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:52:45 +0000

Hi Michael,

This looks different to the report you cite from 2008-11.  In your case
no build attempt is even being tried.

You'd be much better basing your derivative BSP on the one from Savannah
CVS as this gets more frequent updates.

It's likely this is a bug and has been fixed in later versions.

If you want to track this down, the area to debug/look at is in the ltib
script in this area:

 # build if force, no rpms or if the spec file was updated
    if(   $cf->{force}  || $cf->{download_only}
       || (exists $$key->{build} && $$key->{build})
       || $cf->{dltest} || ! @rpms || -M $spec < -M $rpms[0]){

You can add a "warn/print" to see if this section is entered, if not
then there is no build condition being detected.

My advice is if at all possible to upgrade as this section has changed a
great deal.

Regards, Stuart