[Ltib] deployment problem with empty directories

From: Peter Barada
Subject: [Ltib] deployment problem with empty directories
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:21:42 -0500

I'm using ifup/down to bring up/down the ethernet interface, and when I run with NFS as a rootfs, everything works fine.

When I run with a ramdisk as the rootfs, it complains that /etc/network.if-up.d doesn't exist.
On my rootfs /etc/network/if-up.d is an empty directory.  Looking in bin/Ltibutils.pm, I see in the section after the comment "copy the rootfs direcotry tree to the staging area":

    $cmd = "cp -a rootfs/$l1 $stage/";

Unfortunately this doesn't copy over empty directories in the rootfs(at least on my Fedora Core 6 machine).  I think it does for the 'dev' directory using mkdir, but as I'm not that familiar with Perl, my eys glaze over a bit...

Would adding "mkdir "$stage/$l1"; before the cp fix this, or is there a better fix?

Thanks in advance!

--
Peter Barada <address@hidden>