Re: [Ltib] Trying to upgrade bluez - tripping over LTIB

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Trying to upgrade bluez - tripping over LTIB
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:44:58 -0700

Hi Peter,

LTIB does auto-complete package names for you (by looking in the spec files
and matching the name).  To defeat this rather than saying:
./ltib -p pkg say: ./ltib -p spec_file_name, for example
./ltib -p bluez.spec

BTW: rather than create a new package name, if you want a newer
version, it's better to create for example bluez-utils-4.33.spec
and the build it by hand with: ./ltib -p bluez-utils-4.33.spec.
Later on you can add a entry in your platform's pkg_map to set
this version as the default in for your package.

For those more familiar with bluez, do you think it's worth
upgrading this for all platforms? the reason for the older
one was to avoid the need for dbus (extra space etc), but
we could add dbus.  I'm open to ideas/comments/opinions.

Regards, Stuart