[Ltib] Re: Kernel and Ubuntu 9.04

From: Marcos Cunha
Subject: [Ltib] Re: Kernel and Ubuntu 9.04
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:32:43 -0300

I found the problem.

The symbolic link files in /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/spoof was missing.

I created the link files and the kernel is now running.

Below the link files:

addr2line -> spoof_wrapper
ar -> spoof_wrapper
as -> spoof_wrapper
c++ -> spoof_wrapper
cc -> spoof_wrapper
c++filt -> spoof_wrapper
cpp -> spoof_wrapper
g++ -> spoof_wrapper
gasp -> spoof_wrapper
gcc -> spoof_wrapper
ld -> spoof_wrapper
nm -> spoof_wrapper
objcopy -> spoof_wrapper
objdump -> spoof_wrapper
ranlib -> spoof_wrapper
readelf -> spoof_wrapper
size -> spoof_wrapper
strings -> spoof_wrapper
strip -> spoof_wrapper

Thanks

Marcos Cunha wrote:

PS: I have the latest version of binutils package.

Marcos Cunha wrote:
I am trying to complie the linux kernel using LTIB for MPC8315e freescale processor., but I received the following message.

+ make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE= 'HOSTCC=/usr/bin/gcc -B/usr/bin//' uImage
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/powerpc/Kconfig
arch/powerpc/Kconfig:75:warning: 'select' used by config symbol 'PPC' refers to undefined symbol 'HAVE_MCOUNT'
*** 2.6 kernels no longer build correctly with old versions of binutils.
*** Please upgrade your binutils to 2.12.1 or newer
make: *** [checkbin] Error 1

I had Ubuntu 8.10 and It was fine. Now I am using the Ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks in advance.

--
cid:image002.gif@01C8B04F.DE139770

*Marcos Aurélio pinto cunha, PMP
Engenheiro eletricista / electrical engineer
***

cid:image002.gif@01C8B04F.DE139770

cid:image003.gif@01C8B04F.DE139770

Fone: +55 (85) 3216.7934