Re: [Ltib] EHCI HCD / Disappears sometimes... / Dependencies

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] EHCI HCD / Disappears sometimes... / Dependencies
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:56:51 +0100

Hi Franz,

This is a kernel configuration question, not really a LTIB question. What happens when you build the kernel is that a seed kernel config (you can see this in ./ltib -m config (for example):

      kernel (Linux 2.6.15-ep93xx)  --->
(linux-2.6.x.config) kernel config

is input to the kernel configuration system (conf or mconf if interactive). This will generate an updated xxxxxx.dev file (in this case linux-2.6.x.config.dev). Options will dissapear depending on the kernel's constrains (if you turn off USB support, all options depending on this will dissapear).

You don't need to do a distclean to recover your configuration, you can simply remove the updated kernel config that has been computed. So
rm config/platform/_target_/*.dev and the re-run ./ltib

Regards, Stuart

Franz Trierweiler wrote:
Good evening,

Browsing the LTIB options in "Kernel Configuration", I made the option "EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support" disappear (That's in Device Drivers>USB support). I do not know how I made this. The fact is that I never was able to make it appear in a traditional way. I had to make a ./ltib --mode distclean to make this option appear again. I only remember having had a build error and then no more option...

The fact is that I had to make a ./ltib --mode distclean to make this option appear again

Basically, what does this option depend from?

Regards,
Franz