[Ltib] Ltib and gdb

From: giorgio
Subject: [Ltib] Ltib and gdb
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:49:03 +0100

Hi,

I built an image using Ltib.
I would like to have a couple of gdb (running on the host machine x86)
and a gdbserver (running on my arm linux target machine) for debug
purpose.

>From the LTIB main menu, I select "Package list option" and I checked
[*] gdb and
[*] cross gdb (runs on build machine)  options.

"gdbserver to run natively on the target" option is automatically
activate too.

After Ltib build process,
I find the gdbserver on rootfs/usr/bin
but I can't find gdb application for my host development machine (x86).

Where a can find it?
Is this a good procedure to build a cross debugging toolchain?

Best regards,
Giorgio.