[Ltib] usage/intention of PKG_OPENSSL_WANT_SEC

From: Gernot Hillier
Subject: [Ltib] usage/intention of PKG_OPENSSL_WANT_SEC
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:55:42 +0200

Hi there!

I was looking for a way to tell OpenSSL to use the cryptodev-based
engine as default. On that way, I found the LTIB option
PKG_OPENSSL_WANT_SEC to my great surprise which promised to exactly
provide what I was looking for.

However, after a closer look, it seems that this option is more or less
obsolete - it seems it only works for the combination OpenSSL 0.9.7g and
platform "mcf547x_8x". At least, openssl-0.9.7g-sec.patch is the only
occurence I found which implements this feature.

Is this correct or did I overlook something?

If my assumptions are correct, I consider this option to be quite
obsolete and think it should be removed from the general LTIB
configuration - at least until someone provides a portable solution
based on a current OpenSSL for it.

Opinions?

--
Gernot
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, Program "Open Source Platforms"