Re: [Ltib] Setting new package options and dependencies

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Setting new package options and dependencies
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:27:41 +0100

Hi Franz,

Thanks for the explanation.  What I would like is 2 things:

1. A unified diff (diff -u) of your LTIB changes against the current
Savannah CVS head (or as close to it as you can).  This will show me
changes and additions, I would expect:
   * modified pkg_map, packages.lkc
   * added libwebcam.spec file

2. Your patche(s) to libwebcam against some pristine release tarball/zip
etc.  All .spec files should be pristine baseline + patche(s)

The idea of the pristine+patches means that if a new release release of
libwebcam is made, someone else can "see" what you had to change to make
it cross compile.  If you can split out your changes to a set of
patches, 1 per topic change (e.g cross compile fixes, C99 fixes, etc)
that is even more helpful.

So please sent 1 & 2.  Also, can you send me a URL of where you got the
pristine tarball referenced in the .spec file.  This way you don't need
to send that, only your patches against it.

I think it may be worth sending 1 first and letting me see how it looks,
in case I see something that needs fixing.  This would save both of us time.

Regards, Stuart