[Ltib] How do I generate a patch?

From: Eric Nelson
Subject: [Ltib] How do I generate a patch?
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:42:36 -0700

Hello all,

I ran into the same problem as reported in this Freescale forum:

http://forums.freescale.com/t5/i-MX-Microprocessors/iMX25-SDK-LTIB-error-with-Ubuntu/m-p/56368

I'm also using a Freescale release and an Ubuntu dev station (10.04) and was
attempting to build the FSL Gnome release package for i.MX5x.

I traced the problem down to gtkhtml-3.24.2/gtkhtml/Makefile.am, which includes
/usr/include in the build, leaking host header files into the cross-compile:

INCLUDES =                              \
        -I$(top_srcdir)                 \
        -I$(srcdir)                     \
        -I/usr/include                  \
        $(GTKHTML_CFLAGS)               \

Removing that line allowed my build to complete successfully.

I tried running ./ltib -m patchmerge -p gtkhtml but ended up with a huge patch
that had nothing to do with removal of the line.

I'm presuming that this is because the 'distclean' target in gtkhtml isn't
functioning properly, but since I'm a total ltib noob, that's a SWAG based
on another comment on the ltib ML.

Regards,

Eric Nelson