[Ltib] How to load and run application on my target with Linux

From: casper iway
Subject: [Ltib] How to load and run application on my target with Linux
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 22:26:57 +0800

Hello,

       I need a beginners help about loading and running an application program on my target board.
       I have LPC3141 board from Embedded Artists (EA313x boards). I am using LTIB for building a bootloader(u-boot), kernel(linux 2.6.33), and File System (ramdisk ext2). I was able to load and run the bootloader and the kernel successfully on the NAND flash, i could prove that both the bootloader and kernel is working because i could see it on the Prompt(u-boot prompt using Tera Term), but i don't know how to prove if the File System is working... Can you give me idea how to know if the File System is working?

       And lastly i want to load and run some sample application on my target board with Linux. When i bought the board it includes some sample applications to test. I already run these applications before without Linux, and it is working either boot in NAND or SPI flash. But Now that i have the Linux kernel, i follow the instructions that in order to run applications your need to use the command "go <addr of application>". I tried this but it wont work...

     Any help is appreciated.. Please tell me if i'm doing the right thing or not...

Thank you and Godbless,

Casper