Re: [Ltib] same install problem, different files

From: Jan Wilmans
Subject: Re: [Ltib] same install problem, different files
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:14:37 +0200

I can't see why its failing for each file in the process, unless there's something weird about your setup...

1) Are you running Linux in a vmware type system (where the files may be pulled in with CRLF line endings which messes up the .md5)?

Thanks! This was exacly what's happening, first I was catting the files to see if they were ok, they 'looked' ok on the console, but when opening the  /opt/freescale/pkgs/mkspooflinks-3.4-mmlink.patch using VI I see ^M (CRLF lineendings) see there the problem. Now the weird thing is, I have no idea why this is happening, the target is a complete standard Ubuntu 10.4 cleanly installated from ISO running on real hardware.

I'll do some more checking and i'll make sure to post the solution when I find it.

Greetings,

Jan Wilmans