[Ltib] MPC8548 targeting Linux 2.6.28 + MPC8536DS (HELP PLEASE)

From: Reer, Carolyn (SA-1)
Subject: [Ltib] MPC8548 targeting Linux 2.6.28 + MPC8536DS (HELP PLEASE)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:33:17 -0400

I am STILL having problems with LTIB and the resultant Linux kernel.

My LTIB is dated 13-MAR-09. Came with the Freescale MPC8536DS
development system. I am building for the MPC8548 targeting Linux 2.6.28
+ MPC8536DS patch. Should I download a newer LTIB? I see the autobuilder
says the MPC8548 builds fail.

The autobuilder emails link me to zee2.com which links me back to
ltib.org.

I always get some king of build error.
I run ./ltib -continue to circumvent as many errors as possible although
it still aborts prematurely.

I have been unsuccessful getting any applications to run on the target.

Right now I am trying to add a daemon to the system services but don't
have a "service" command. I can't use the "iptables" command because I
don't have "ip_tables" file. The kernel is able to start inetd, syslogd,
etc when it boots.

What command should I be using to start, stop, restart services ?

Carolyn Reer

201-405-2992