[Ltib] cannot play sound in EA3250

From: casper iway
Subject: [Ltib] cannot play sound in EA3250
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:23:28 +0800

hello guyz,

i was having a problem with audio of my embedded artists lpc3250 board.. I can't get it to play a sound. I was following the instruction for "Audio playback/record using ALSA on the LPC32x0" in www.lpclinux.com but to no avail. When i try to use "aplay <path>/name.wav" i got this error:
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
    ALSA lib conf.c:
    3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
    ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_
refer) error evaluating name
    ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_
evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib conf.c:3985:(snd_config_
expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2202:(snd_pcm_open_
noupdate) Unknown PCM default
    aplay: main:552: audio open error: No such file or directory

I was wondering when i typed "cat /proc/asound/devices" i only got these two items:
  2:        : timer
  3:        : sequencer

when it should have something like "
digital audio playback", "digital audio capture" and "control" as shown in the guide.

Someone know what could be my mistake? What packages to include? kernel configuration or something?

regards,

Casper