[Ltib] libc backtrace and crash handlers

From: Kareem Shehata
Subject: [Ltib] libc backtrace and crash handlers
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:29:10 -0400

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement a crash (a.k.a. application fault) handler for several
of my applications that run on an MX31.  I figured to use eCrash, since it's
pretty well what I would code if I were writing a crash handler.  It works
great when compiled for my X86 linux box, and compiles and runs on the MX31.
The problem is that it doesn't produce any backtrace information.  This is
particularly strange, because gdb will give good backtrace info when used, so
the stack is there and all of the information.

First question: does the libc that ships with LTIB support backtrace()?

If so, why would it not produce decent backtraces?

If not, do you know of any way to get backtrace info in this environment?

Thanks!

Kareem

--
Kareem Shehata