[Ltib] using Linaro cross compilers with ltib

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Ltib] using Linaro cross compilers with ltib
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:07:41 -0700

I wanted to use a newer compiler with ltib in an easy fashion, so I
installed the Linaro version of GCC 4.5 that are available via apt-get
for Ubuntu. These newer tools have many optimizations done in the last 6
- 12 months, and I wanted to take advantage of all of them. :-)

The downside is you loose all the nice path and tool name munging ltib
does for you. But some of us like the extra flexibility of working
external to ltib for some things, especially if you like playing with
lots of compiler versions. Being an ex-Cygnus Support engineer, I'm
kindof picky about my toolchains... :-) You can also use the ltib cross
compilers the same way. Anyway, the whole writeup is now online at:

http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Building_for_ltib#Cross_Compiling_on_Ubuntu

        - rob -