Re: [Ltib] too many processes!

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] too many processes!
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 14:27:24 +0000

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the configure script, in the end I ran autogen.sh as you
suggested.

I tried to re-create the reported problem, but didn't get a situation
with "too many processes" spawned.  However I did see a problem with
parallel makes being unreliable, so I put the -j1 flag in.

I've uploaded a srpm here: http://bitshrine.org/gpp/agg-2.5-6.src.rpm
which is an converted import of the "Official" Fedora 9 srpm.  If you
want to try it, then you can run:

./ltib -m addsrpms agg-2.5-6.src.rpm

This will add .spec, sources, pkg_map and packages.lkc so it's
configurable in LTIB too.

Then run: ./ltib -p agg.spec to build agg

Note: it may be best to do this in a clean tree as otherwise you'll get
complaints (but not overwrites) of your existing files IIRC.

Anyhow the point of all this is that maybe this is a better baseline
.spec file and sources?  BTW for now I've disabled SDL with the crude
ac_cv_path_SDL_CONFIG="no" in configure as I didn't have SDL. You should
remove that.  Feel free to use/modify any of this.

Hopefully some of this information will be helpful to you.  I just wish
I had more time to get this stuff fully integrated.

Regards, Stuart