Re: [Ltib] turning off -O2

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] turning off -O2
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:29:35 +0000

Hi Kallol,

If you don't mind turning it off for all applications and getting a full
rebuild, you can run:

./ltib --configure

and then under "Enter any CFLAGS for gcc/g++" click enter and then add
-O0 or whatever you need.

Another option to adjust just the kernel may be to run ./ltib
--configure and then select: [*] Configure the kernel

This will then build the kernel and drop you to the kernel's config
system.  If you enable debugging that will add -g and it may drop the
optimisation level down (I don't know though, depends on your
source/platform).  There could be other kernel config options that let
you do what you want (again kernel dependent).

Failing that, Matt's advice is good, edit the appropriate Makefile under
 arch/powerpc after running ./ltib -p kernel -m prep
and then complete the build with ./ltib -p kernel -m scdeploy

Regards, Stuart