Re: Ri.: Re: [Ltib] Selected packages not found

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: Ri.: Re: [Ltib] Selected packages not found
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:31:27 +0000

Hi Enrico,

In this instance, this is a bug/deficiency of LTIB not tracking host
side dependencies as well as the ones needed on the target.

As you see in your build, LTIB correctly built freetype (needed on the
target), however when fontconfig is building and running configure, it
does a dumb check for freetype-config.  This is something your host
computer needs to have installed (much like there are other dependencies
does check).  I am aware of this problem and have on the roadmap that in
addition to the general host package dependencies that are tracked,
there needs to be the concept of dynamic host package dependencies that
happen when you select packages for the target.  Unfortunately LTIB is
currently just an unfunded hobby for me at the moment and so I have very
limited time to devote to it.

To solve your problem, if you're on Debian/Ubuntu, run:

sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev

For Fedora etc you need to do a similar thing (using yum/zypper), note
the package names can be a little different according to distro (sigh).

Regards, Stuart