Re: [Ltib] "Freescale" flavoured LTIB vs "Savannah" flavoured LTIB

From: seh
Subject: Re: [Ltib] "Freescale" flavoured LTIB vs "Savannah" flavoured LTIB
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 07:22:04 -0500

Hi Franz,

The ltib.org version is the same origin as the Freescale version.

I used to work at Freescale and maintained this there and periodically
merged out their code repository to Savannah (ltib.org).

As you can see in config/platform, the BSP abstraction is handled (mostly)
there (it's modular).  Depending on the particular BSP program (if
complete and approved for merge out) then that would get included into the
public Savannah code during the merge-out.  The ones that are not in
Savannah (ltib.org) are ones that were not ready/approved for some reason
at the time of the merge out.

Note that the content which is pulled from the GPP is handled completely
independently, the ltib code merely references this.  This process is
semi-automated and so probably most (maybe all) the i.MX25 content is
probably already on the GPP.

If you want the i.MX25 in ltib.org, there are 2 ways it can happen that I
can think of:

1) (the best) Ask Freescale support if they would submit a patch for this
platform to this mailing list.  They may not even know anybody would like
this.

2) Extract the i.MX25 specific content you have from the Freescale ISO
image you have and then add that to your local Savannah copy.  When this
is working, you could generate and send a patch to the list.  The code
component (which goes into Savannah) is GPL and so there should be no
issues with this.

Regards, Stuart