Re: [Ltib] Parameter setting in LTIB

From: Mehrdad Salami
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Parameter setting in LTIB
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 05:26:43 +0000

Hi,

The parameter coming from config/platform/linux-2.6.25-54455evb . When the kernel  source code

Was unpacked in /rpm/BUILD/linux, the parameters stores in .config in that directory. However when I run “./ltib –c “and check the box to configure the kernel, it is not listing that particular parameter nor the section that the parameter reside.

The parameter is CONFIG_MCFCLK which is listed in “Processor type” section of .config file. However kernel config does not bring that section. The section above and under this (“platform dependent setup” and “general setup”) are listed but not the “Processor type”.

I think when the evb board selected initially, some parameters are hardcoded and cannot be changed. However I have changed the clock frequency for evb and need to change the parameter.

I am not sure how to use “./ltib --preconfig config/platform/<name/your-ltib.config".

The .config file in “config/platform” is like the initial setting for the parameters and cannot be used because many parameters are changed now. The .config  in /rpm/BUILD/linux looks more recent but not sure if --preconfig option with ./ltib is for kernel or ltib.

Regards,

Sal

> Hello,

> I am trying to change a parameter in kernel which is passed by LTIB.

> The parameter cannot be seen using  ltib  configuration (./ltib --c),

> so the only option is to manually change it.

> The two files in the config/platform which list the parameter (.config

> and .config.dev) have the text on the top that says the file generated

> automatically and should not be edited.

> Two questions:

> How can I change the parameter in config/platform file and make it

> permanent. If I change the parameter in the files (.config or

> .config.dev), would it be permanent.

> Is there any way to add such parameter to the configuration and modify

> that using  ltib  configuration (./ltib --c)

What parameter are you talking about, something that LTIB provides?  It could be a default value coming from either your platform's main.lkc or config/userspace/default.lkc...