Re: [Ltib] BSP releases and repository tags

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] BSP releases and repository tags
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:34:59 +0000

Hi Andrea,

The release tag does get written into the ISO image, this is under
release_logs/RELEASE_INFO in recent releases.  In there you may see
something like this (comment below each line describing each entry):

Release date = Wed Aug 27 15:22:49 2008 UTC
        When it was made
Release user = seh
        Use id of who made it
Release host = m20
        Hostname on which the release was made
Release dir  = /home/seh/ltib_bsps/fc5
        The directory from where it was made
SCM wtag     = Tbranch-xxxx-sim_b1
        The branch you made it from
SCM tag      = branch-xxxx-sim_b1
        The actual tag for this release
Release tag  = ltib-e500mc-20080827
        The ISO tag name (descriptive)
App version  = 8.1.2
        ltib script release version
CVS version  = $Revision: 1.393 $
        ltib script CVS version

Note that this also gets written into the root filesystem as
/etc/ltib-release.  When you first install an ISO without any changes,
this will be the same as on the ISO.  However, if you modify and rebuild
in anyway, this will get changed as it is no longer the _actual_ release.

Regards, Stuart