Re: [Ltib] BSP releases and repository tags

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: Re: [Ltib] BSP releases and repository tags
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:53:37 +0100

Hi Stuart,
thanks for your reply. I'm getting slightly confused about the release
files. What I see are different contents between
release_logs/RELEASE_INFO found inside the ISO image and the
etc/ltib-release inside the rootfs.jffs2 image that comes from the same
ISO image.

address@hidden:/tmp/mountediso$ cat release_logs/RELEASE_INFO
Release date = Wed Nov 10 14:18:09 2010 UTC
Release user = gizero
Release host = gizero-desktop
Release dir  = /home/gizero/work/tpt/mpc5121/ltib-tpt-branch-0_9
SCM wtag     = branch-mpc5121tpt-0_9
SCM tag      = rel-mpc5121tpt-0_9 (1.4)
Release tag  = ltib-mpc5121tpt-20101110
App version  = 10.1.1

while,

/ # cat /etc/ltib-release
Release date = Wed Nov 10 14:24:18 2010 UTC
Release user = gizero
Release host = gizero-desktop
Release dir
= /home/gizero/work/tpt/mpc5121/ltib-tpt-branch-0_9/ltib-mpc5121tpt
-20101110/ltib-mpc5121tpt-20101110
SCM wtag     = none
SCM tag      = none
Release tag  = none
App version  = 10.1.1

If I get it right these two files are generated in two different steps
of the './ltib -m release' execution (timestamps differ). It looks like
the file that get included into the rootfs jffs2 image is created from
the stage directory shown in 'Release dir'.

release_logs/RELEASE_INFO comes with the expected information while
etc/ltib-release lacks some interesting bits. Since I'm not using the
latest version of ltib, may I have missed any rework on this
functionality?

Regards,
Andrea