Re: [Ltib] Set autoconf and friends PATH in Spec File

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Set autoconf and friends PATH in Spec File
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 08:45:14 -0500

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Andy Yew <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to direct ./ltib to use the build system autoconf/automake/friends via
> spec file? Could anyone provide a short example??
>
> I'm currently compiling inotify-tools and it's stucked in aclocal part. My
> LTIB seems to "see" old autoconf and automake, i suppose that LTIB is
> looking at /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin, which consists very old autoconf and
> friends. Please suggest a syntax of pointing LTIB to the latest version of
> autoconf and friends...

One method.
Create s secondary spec file in the same folder.
Add this to config/platform/host/pkg_map
./ltib --hostcf -p <name>

See mtd-utils as an example.

I suspect that if host autotools are changed, some other things may
break.  One of the reasons for the inotify-tools patch was to get
around requiring newer versions.  Sorry I wish I had more info on what
I was doing at the time, but it was years ago.
.

Last resort.  I  think that inotify-tools cross-builds easily outside
of ltib since it does not have many (if any) dependencies.  Just run
configure with --host set and make.  Pull the required binaries out of
the build instead of running make install.