[Ltib] build/install just sftp/libcrypto from openssh/openssl?

From: Fritz Mueller
Subject: [Ltib] build/install just sftp/libcrypto from openssh/openssl?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 10:48:48 -0800

Hey folks,

We'd prefer to use dropbear rather than openssh in our application, but we also
need sftp.  It turns out that to do this, one need only install the sftp-server
binary (from the openssh package) and libcrypto shared lib (from the openssl
package) in addition to the dropbear package.

This seems like it would be a useful build/deploy option to have integrated
into ltib, and I'd like to develop that and submit a patch.  My question before
jumping in is if anybody has a recommendation for a good way to go about this
-- that is, what would be the best approach for to setting things up to
build/install only parts of the openssh and openssl packages?

My first idea on an approach would be to add sub-options to the openssh and
openssl packages (e.g. "sftp-server only", "libcrypto-only"), then set up the
spec files for openssh and openssl to limit the builds and/or prune the build
output dirs before rolling up the binary rpms when/if these options are
selected.

Just wanted to check with the collective expertise here if there was a
better/recommended/usual way to restrict the build and deploy scope of a
package like this before I get going on it.

        thanks!
          --FritzM.