Re: [Ltib] How to make a package build before another package

From: Eric Nelson
Subject: Re: [Ltib] How to make a package build before another package
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 08:40:16 -0700

Hi Terry,

On 12/06/2012 12:02 AM, Lv Terry-R65388 wrote:
Hi experts,

        In my ltib, a egl library need to use gpu's library. Thus the gpu
library need to be built first.

        I add a dependency in lkc file.

config PKG_GST_PLUGINS_GL
     select PKG_GST_FSL_PLUGINS
     bool "gst-plugins-gl"
     depends on PKG_GPU_VIV_BIN_MX6Q
     help
          This package provides the Freescale Gstreamer based plugins on OpenGl.

        But it seems it doesn't work. PKG_GST_PLUGINS_GL still builds first.

I think this dependency only controls whether or not you
can select GST_PLUGINS_GL. It doesn't have any impact on
the build sequence or dependencies.

In other words, this just affects the Kconfig operation.

        In .config file, I can see that PKG_GPU_VIV_BIN_MX6Q is in front of
PKG_GST_PLUGINS_GL.
CONFIG_PKG_GPU_VIV_BIN_MX6Q=y
# CONFIG_PKG_UUC is not set
# CONFIG_PKG_ATHEROS_WIFI is not set
CONFIG_PKG_PERF=y

#er
# Freescale Multimedia Plugins/Codecs
#
CONFIG_PKG_LIBFSLCODEC=y
CONFIG_PKG_LIBFSLPARSER=y
CONFIG_PKG_LIBFSLVPUWRAP=y
# CONFIG_PKG_LIBFSLAACPCODEC is not set
# CONFIG_PKG_LIBFSLAC3CODEC is not set
# CONFIG_PKG_LIBFSLMSCODEC is not set
# CONFIG_PKG_LIBFSLMSPARSER is not set
CONFIG_PKG_GST_FSL_PLUGINS=y
CONFIG_PKG_GST_PLUGINS_GL=y

I think the order of these is simply the order of the Kconfig
option definitions.

        How to resolve this problem?

I'll defer to the real experts on the list for that. I have been
successful building other packages with dependencies (gstreamer plugins
and imx-lib) by yanking the "Clean" target in the spec file and
building them each in turn using "ltib -p" for each of the two
packages.

I'm sure there's a better way though.