Re: [Ltib] How to make a package build before another package

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] How to make a package build before another package
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:00:55 -0500

On 12/06/2012 10:40 AM, Eric Nelson wrote:
> Hi Terry,
>
> On 12/06/2012 12:02 AM, Lv Terry-R65388 wrote:
>> Hi experts,
>>
>>      In my ltib, a egl library need to use gpu's library. Thus the gpu
>> library need to be built first.
>>
>>      I add a dependency in lkc file.
>>
>> config PKG_GST_PLUGINS_GL
>>      select PKG_GST_FSL_PLUGINS
>>      bool "gst-plugins-gl"
>>      depends on PKG_GPU_VIV_BIN_MX6Q
>>      help
>>           This package provides the Freescale Gstreamer based plugins on
>> OpenGl.
>>
>>      But it seems it doesn't work. PKG_GST_PLUGINS_GL still builds first.
>>
> I think this dependency only controls whether or not you
> can select GST_PLUGINS_GL. It doesn't have any impact on
> the build sequence or dependencies.
>
> In other words, this just affects the Kconfig operation.

Indeed that dependency only affects Kconfig (and resulting .config)
dependencies - no ordering is implied.

To control the build order of packages, look at config/userspace/pkg_map
- the order of packages in the list defines the order the packages (if
enabled) are built.  In your case you need to have the gpu library
package(and any of its dependencies) listed before the egl library package.

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden