Re: [Ltib] MPC8377 LTIB installation problems

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Ltib] MPC8377 LTIB installation problems
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:45:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I've installed the same, MPC837XERDB_20091207_ltib.iso, on a leaner Slackware
14.0 / xfce in a VM. Different errors this time though:

error: Couldn't exec /usr/lib/rpm/elfdeps: No such file or directory
error: cannot open Name index using db4 - Permission denied (13)
error: failed to stat /home/dave/.gvfs: Permission denied
../include/bits/byteswap.h:21:3: error: #error "Never use <bits/byteswap.h>
directly; include <byteswap.h> instead."

I fixed the .gvfs error by killing off a couple of gfvsd processes and deleting
/home/dave/.gvfs (seems I can't avoid all this gnome stuff), but the other
errors are still there.

I could probably sort out the last error but the first three have me stumped
again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated please.

Regards,
David.

<cut original post text "[Ltib] MPC8377 LTIB installation problems"
(09/08/2013)>