Re: [Ltib] MPC8377 LTIB installation problems

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] MPC8377 LTIB installation problems
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:05:21 -0400

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed the same, MPC837XERDB_20091207_ltib.iso, on a leaner Slackware
> 14.0 / xfce in a VM. Different errors this time though:

> error: Couldn't exec /usr/lib/rpm/elfdeps: No such file or directory

The file should be there.  It's part of the ltib host build.  That
tells me that there was some error in that initial setup.  The
host_config_log should provide some insight.

> error: cannot open Name index using db4 - Permission denied (13)
> error: failed to stat /home/dave/.gvfs: Permission denied
> ../include/bits/byteswap.h:21:3: error: #error "Never use <bits/byteswap.h>
> directly; include <byteswap.h> instead."
>
> I fixed the .gvfs error by killing off a couple of gfvsd processes and
> deleting /home/dave/.gvfs (seems I can't avoid all this gnome stuff), but the
> other errors are still there.

I just leave them running and suffer the errors.   It seems to be a
side effect of running rpm commands and it is trying to figure disk
space or something to that matter.

> I could probably sort out the last error but the first three have me stumped
> again.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated please.

Something failed in the host build.  Much earlier.