[Ltib] scdeploy - why the fabricated spec file?

From: Mike Nicholson
Subject: [Ltib] scdeploy - why the fabricated spec file?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:50:35 +0000

I am fairly new to working with ltib and I was having some issues when creating a specfile and running scdeploy.  Running in scdeploy mode was causing a failure because the macros defined in the header of my spec file appeared to be undefined in the files section despite the macros working fine with prep and scbuild.   I now know that this is because f_scdeploy creates a temporary spec file and only preserves the %files section.

The files section is fairly complex for this package and I was trying to avoid hardcoding some commonly occurring substrings in the files list by defining some simple macros in the header. It appears ltib does not support this despite the fact that it is commonly used in spec files outside of ltib.

What is the reason for the fabricated spec file when running in scdeploy mode?  Is there a better way to avoid repeating myself in the files list that adheres to ltib conventions?