Re: [Ltib] scdeploy - why the fabricated spec file?

From: Mike Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Ltib] scdeploy - why the fabricated spec file?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:44:26 +0000

Hey Stuart,

I was under the assumption that I could use the ltib modes - prep, scbuild,
scinstall, scdeploy to test the various parts of my spec file. I wrote the
%prep section and then tested it, wrote the %build and %install section and
tested with scbuild and scinstall modes respectively.  When writing the file
section I was running in scdeploy mode to test my file lists without being
forced to recompile a fairly large package every time. Perhaps I am
misunderstanding the purpose of scdeploy.

I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of the ltib internals so I'm
curious as to why scdeploy rewrites the spec file while scbuild and scinstall
use the original spec file without modification - what was the reason for this
design?

Thanks for the info.

Mike