lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change ev

From: Jared Grubb
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change event
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:48:53 +0000

> I think it's more "TO the application" than the driver.
> In my case, I use it to log any change about IP address.
> Of course, we can use it like we want.

It seems that "go up" and "go down" would be things every driver should know
how to do. When I wrote the driver I assumed that was what status_callback
was for?

In any case, I feel uncomfortable with making it the driver's responsibility
to run DHCP, AUTOIP, or ARP, as these are things that should be managed
higher up.

Do we need three callbacks?
* Driver -> Stack on link change
* Stack -> Application on status changes due to link (LINK UP) or status
change (IFACE UP)
* Stack -> Driver on netif changes due to application

I hate to go overboard on callbacks, but I dont think this is "too much" just
yet.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20409>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/