lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] latest stable version

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] latest stable version
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:18:08 +0000

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 10:12 +0300, Mike Kleshov wrote:
> Sorry for intervening.
> Simon, I just wanted to thank you for your work on lwip.

I agree.

I also wanted to confirm that there is no plan for a 1.3.3 release.  We
held off making major changes so that 1.3.2 could come out and improve
stability, but there isn't the developer resource on the lwIP project to
keep maintaining a stable branch and backporting bug fixes.  Although
there have been some bugs fixed since 1.3.2 was released I still
consider it better than any of the earlier releases, and is what I would
recommend people should use if they need stability.

The next release will be 1.4.0, and this will involve some changes that
will change APIs, and some new features, so will probably introduce some
new bugs.  As always, we rely on people who use lwIP to report these so
they can get fixed.

Thanks

Kieran