lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27352] Change ip_addr from struct to typedef (u32_t)

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27352] Change ip_addr from struct to typedef (u32_t)
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 20:15:08 +0000

Update of bug #27352 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #27:

I've done some preliminary work on this:
- changed all the code to not know about the actual IP address type layout
and use defines instead (no performance darwback but much cleaner code - also
regarding IPv6 upgrade);
- changed "struct ip_addr" to "struct _ip_addr" and added a "typedef struct
_ip_addr ip_addr_t"
- replaced usage of "struct ip_addr" by "ip_addr_t" throughout the stack

This means we are now relatively free to change the actual typedef of the IP
address.

However, I'm still not convinced it all just works when we now just change
the typedef from "typedef struct ip_addr ip_addr_t" to "typedef u32_t
ip_addr_t": For example we would have to pay attention when passing the ip
address from protocol headers to other functions (e.g. checksum calculation),
or do compilers warn about that?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27352>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/