lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 19:24:29 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, patch #8882 (project lwip):

I'm not sure how to solve it differently, but I don't really like moving
struct iovec to def.h. The core of lwIP should be compilable  without
opengroup things. Setting LWIP_IOVEC_PRIVATE to 1 by default makes it worse by
having conflicting typedefs on some systems.

Another backdraw is that your change would make non-vectored writes slower as
they are converted to a single-vector write, even ifa simple write is the more
common case (in my opinion at least).

I dont' really have an idea of how to improve this, though. Bypassing the
netconn layer, it would be much easier to implement ;-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8882>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/