lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 15:33:21 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #8882 (project lwip):

Simon,

I've got 3 changes here in this patch, let's see if we can make some progress
on some of them

struct iovec - my first thought on this was more in line with your thinking
where we didn't want open group types in netconn layer, but then I was
grepping and found that struct timeval is used in other files than sockets.c
(some of the PPP code).  So it wasn't as clear to me.

My other thoughts is that we can make a identical type for use in
netconn/netbuf and then just cast struct iovec when passed in from sockets.c
calls.  Netconn and netbuf code don't seem to share a "net" level header so
we'd need the type in a file both can include to avoid two net level
structures

UDP optimization - this patch only changes the UDP path of sendmsg to be more
efficient by not having to allocate and destroy netbufs in order to create a
pbuf chain.  Did you get a chance to look at this?

TCP optimization - let's leave this aside for now, and keep the discussion to
the first two things

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8882>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/