lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Announce: WireGuard implementation for lwIP

From: Daniel Hope
Subject: [lwip-devel] Announce: WireGuard implementation for lwIP
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:44:01 +0000

Hello,

I have developed a WireGuard implementation for an embedded project we are working on that uses lwIP. The implementation has been released as open source here: https://github.com/smartalock/wireguard-lwip

WireGuard is a secure yet lightweight modern VPN protocol that has gained a lot of traction since being included in mainline Linux kernels. We use it to secure connections from embedded hardware back to cloud services as it has significantly less overhead than running TLS.

The project contains a pure C, malloc free implementation of the WireGuard protocol, some glue in the form of a netif implementation and some crypto elements that end users may want to optimise for their platform.

I hope this post isn’t considered spam - I think there may be embedded developers out there who will find this implementation useful!

--
Daniel