lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PPP dial-on-demand

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PPP dial-on-demand
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:50:44 +0100

Hi Federico,

On Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 03:49:52PM +0100, Federico Frigo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m developing a custom firmare for an ESP8266; I have to setup a
> mechanism that starts a PPP connection when packets are forwarded to
> it using NAT. I saw that the PPP stack is the same (adapted) of Linux,
> but I noticed that DEMAND_SUPPORT is disabled by default since it is
> not supported. Is there a plan for releasing it? Otherwise I could try
> to implement it, but I’ll need some help since I have no clue where to
> start from.

May I ask why do you need that in the first place ?  Are not dial-up
dead ?

Maybe you can run your PPP start handler in ppp_netif_output() when the
link is down, it might works if the interface is the default (and is
up). If it works I am okay to add a hook macro called when the link is
down.

Sylvain