lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Speed -> Thumbs up!

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Speed -> Thumbs up!
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:18:47 -0000

Hi Florian!

On Thursday 03 January 2002 14.50, you wrote:
> I have just tested the raw receiving speed using netio:
> With WatTCP: 23-27 kbyte/s
> With lwIP: 289-297 kbyte/s
> Another Win32 computer: ca. 768 kbyte/s

Those are really good numbers. What TCP window sizes did you use? Even though
the short round-trip times on a LAN makes the window size less important than
on a WAN, it still might show up in tests like this.

> Again this is very pleasant. I haven't tested sending speed, but for my
> application this is secondary. I guess sending will be slower, due to the
> packet driver implementation.

Also check the output buffer size for lwIP, the default size is very small.
The output buffer size will definately make a difference here.

> I will post the sourcecode on my website soon. I will announce here when
> it's ready.

Great, looking forward to it!

/adam
--