lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] problems with tcp_segs

From: Andrea Olivotto
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] problems with tcp_segs
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:35:31 -0000

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with segs allocation.

I guess (I'm nearly sure) this is the same problem that James Roth experienced
some time ago, as he told in
a message dated 12/03/2002.
In these messsages James told about memp #4 as MEMP_TCP_PCB_LISTEN type, I
think #4 is MEMP_TCP_SEG.

In tcp_enqueue() line 140, under heavy ingoing traffic, lwip can't allocate
segs:

    /* allocate memory for tcp_seg, and fill in fields */
    seg = memp_malloc(MEMP_TCP_SEG);
    if(seg == NULL) {
      DEBUGF(TCP_OUTPUT_DEBUG, ("tcp_enqueue: could not allocate memory for
tcp_seg\n"));
      goto memerr;
    }

The problem is that memp_alloc(MEMP_TCP_SEG) return NULL.
As in James's problem, using stats I could see that the maximum segs allocated
is 3, available 48, and may
errors (and stats.tcp.memerr == stats.memp[MEMP_TCP_SEG].err and many times
stats.tcp.memerr == stats.memp
[MEMP_TCP_SEG].err == stats.tcp.rexmit).

Does anyone can help me?

James, did you solve your problem?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea