lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] A problem with Windows NT, not with 95/98. Why?

From: Fabio Fumi
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] A problem with Windows NT, not with 95/98. Why?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:35:30 -0000

After a bit of debugging, these are examples of the
'strange' IP headers:

75 00 0169 63db 4000
192.168.0.1
192.168.0.2

EF 06 B441 0006 0000
FF 06 663A
192.168.0.2
192.168.0.1

Note version 7 and 0xE, which is different from
expected 4. How is it possible? Version 0xE has also
swapped source and destination addresses , even if
those packets are both SENT by Win NT!

Can someone provide a reference of the different IP
versions? In what seemed to me a very updated site
(http://www.protocols.com/pbook/tcpip.htm), I didn't
find other than 4 and 6...

 thanks
  Fabio

 --- Fabio Fumi <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Hi everybody,
> Any clue about the following problem I found with
> uIP,
> which happens only with Win NT, 2000 or XP, not with
> 95, 98 and Me?
> I can ping to the uIP address (192.168.0.2), but if
> try to access the web server I built upon it, by
> using
> Explorer, the request never reach the http handler,
> since an error is found at the IP level:
>
> 'ip: invalid version or header length.'
>
> The VLH field of the IP header (version and header
> lenght) is different from the expected value of 0x45
> -
> the only one accepted by uIP.
> A stream of 0x75, 0xF0 and 0xEF values is received
> instead, and I don't know how to the reason for
> this,
> and why NT is different from 95.
>
> What's the exact meaning of the VHL field? Is it
> possible to handle those NT-type packets with uIP?
> Is
> lwIP different from uIP in that sense?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> bye
>  Fabio

Con Yahoo! vinci viaggi per i Mondiali FIFA 2002
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://lasfida.yahoo.net/