lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Use with a microcontroller

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Use with a microcontroller
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:50:08 -0000

Hi!

On Friday 02 November 2001 11.22, you wrote:
> I don't know about the C167 I'm using the C165UTAH and (almost) working
> fine.
>
> IIRC The C167 dev kit uses the CS8900.
>
> First you'll need to beg/borrow/steal or even write an Ethernet driver for
> it.

In the CVS version of lwIP that can be downloaded from the homepage, there is
an incomplete CS8900A driver in the src/arch/rtxc/netif/cs8900if.c file. It
currently doesn't work very well - it seems as if there is some memory
leakage somewhere since it dies after about 10 seconds of use in a real
network. I would be very happy if someone could check it out to see if there
are any obvious bugs that I have missed.

> As for compiling under Keil, there is a small number of changes you need to
> make
> to the code distribution, all fairly simple.

What are those changes? Ideally, they would be included in the main lwIP
distribution.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>